How To Get Rid Of Ticks
Ticks are persistent pests. They latch themselves onto their host and feed off your blood for days. Thus, if you come in contact with a tick, knowing how to remove it is crucial.
Contacting a tick control jenison specialist is a good way to ensure a tick-free environment. Treating tick-infested areas near your property is also a vital step in ensuring your safety.
How To Remove A Tick
If you find a tick on your body, keep the following procedure in mind:
1. Carefully and firmly hold onto the tick using tweezers. Get as close to the skin’s surface as you can to minimize injury.
2. Apply pressure steadily as you pull the tick off your skin.
3. Do not try to twist the tweezers because this could cause a part of the tick to break off. The broken portion can then become lodged in your skin.
4. After removal, disinfect the area with soap, water, and alcohol.
5. Crushing a tick is difficult because of their hard bodies. To ensure they don’t survive, either put the tick in a sealed bag or kill it with alcohol. Then, you can flush the bag down the toilet.
How To Rid Your Property Of Ticks
Ticks are likely to be found in the moist or humid areas in your property. They survive best in non-air-conditioned environments. They can thrive in laundry rooms, yards, and so on.
You can easily get rid of infestations or potential infestations by using non-toxic pesticides. These are usually safe for use indoors and labeled as tick or flea sprays-target areas like corners of cabinets, locations prone to mold, and such.
A natural method for tick elimination is to use diatomaceous earth. This is a kind of powder that dehydrates ticks to kill them. Diatomaceous earth of the food-grade variety is safe for use in homes.
While tick infestations can be a pain, getting rid of these pests is moderately simple. As long as ticks don’t reproduce, you should be in the green zone.